South Australia Otway Basin Release acreage Block OT2019 A-C
BIDS CLOSE 4.00 pm Australian Central Daylight Time Friday 29 November 2019
The Minister for Energy and Mining, Dan van Holst Pellekaan, has announced new acreage releases in the Otway Basin.
South Australia Cooper-Eromanga and Otway basins acreage release (PDF 4 MB)
Tony Hill, Energy Resources Division, Department For Energy and Mining
PESA Deal Day 27 May 2019
Application and Award Process
- OT2019 A-C Applications and Awards Procedures (PDF)
- OT2019 A-C Application for Petroleum Exploration Licence (DOC)
- The number of exploration wells to be drilled in the PEL and their timing.
- The number of years the applicant is prepared to guarantee the program.
- The extent to which proposed wells are supported by existing or new programmed seismic data.
- The amount and nature of seismic surveying (i.e. 2D versus 3D) to be carried out and its timing..
- Other data acquisition (e.g. gravity, aeromagnetic or geochemical surveys).
- Seismic reprocessing to be carried out.
Related Information and Data
SARIG can be accessed via map.sarig.sa.gov.au. SARIG provides an interactive map window to view, query and download data including spatial data such as regional seismic horizon maps of key Otway Basin horizons, tenement data etc. More information on products and data can be accessed by selecting ‘Data and Publications’ on the DEM-ERD website home page.
- Selected well log LAS files
- Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Act 2000
- PEPS South Australia - download well logs and production data
The following reports and datasets can be accessed from a dedicated cloud storage link:
- Selected 2D SEG-Y seismic line data – OT2019 A-C (2D_SEGY.zip)
- Selected 2D seismic reports and 3D seismic reports and data relevant to OT2019 A-C
- Selected petroleum well completion reports relevant to OT2019 A-C
- GIS shapefile dataset and ESRI ArcGIS project – OT2019 A-C (OT2019_GIS-project.zip)
- Frog Tech Hot Sedimentary Aquifers & SEEBASE 2009 and 2001 Otway Basin Mapping project (Otway_Seismic_Mapping.zip)
- Acreage release block tenement map – OT2019 A-C
Comments and inquiries for exploration licences should be directed to:
Phone National (08) 8429 2436 | Phone International +61 8 8429 2436
Phone National (08) 8429 2443 | Phone International +61 8 8429 2443
Applications for exploration licences should be addressed to:
Executive Director, Energy Resources Division
Department for Energy and Mining
Level 4, 11 Waymouth Street
Adelaide SA 5000 AUSTRALIA
The envelope containing your application must be marked
‘Confidential — contains PEL application’
Closing date and time
The closing date for CO2019 A-C applications is
4.00 pm Australian Central Daylight Time on Friday 29 November 2019