On this page
This folio was the culmination of an extensive seismic mapping and interpretation of the Cooper and Eromanga Basins, South Australia that commenced in 1995. Three key horizons C, P (Top Permian) and Z(Basement) are mapped in both time and depth using open file company data.
The resulting data is presented in two volumes:
- Volume 1 contains key seismic depth structure maps, formation isopachs and structural elements.
- Volume 2 contains the geological datasets including lithofacies mapping, maturity maps of key source intervals, depths to oil and gas windows and gas wetness maps.
All data are also available in digital format and are supplemented by individual technical reports available from Energy Resources Division email DPC.email@example.com
This guideline was developed by Primary Industries and Resources South Australia, which are used in its auditing procedures when assessing the level of environmental rehabilitation of abandoned petroleum wellsites.
- Cooper 99 Symposium - Extended Abstracts Plenary Sessions (PDF 346 KB)
- Cooper Basin Ridges - are they structural ? (PDF 96 KB)
New evidence and interpretations indicate that geomorphic processes played a significant role in shaping the basin.
- Guide to Picking 'Basement' from Wireline Logs, Cooper Basin Area (PDF 2.79 MB)
- Lineament Associations in the Cooper Basin Region (PDF 5.72 MB)
- Lineament Tectonic Data, South Australia, with a Focus on the Cooper Basin (PDF 10.04 MB)
- Source Rock Potential and Algal - Matter Abundance (PDF 3.46 MB)
- Undiscovered Resources of the Cooper Basin, South Australia - December 1999 edition (PDF 285 KB)
- Undiscovered Resources of the Cooper Basin, South Australia - November 1997 edition (PDF 4.31 MB)
For more information, contact:
Manager, Geological Data Services
+61 8463 3220