On this page
Publications and reports is an advanced search engine that queries the Government of South Australia's Resource and Energy databases for published media.
The media ranges from scanned material to digital photographs and downloadable PDF files.
Note: Over 125 years worth of government and industry geoscientific data is accessible through the main menu Georeference then the Resource and Energy publications and reports tool.
To search publications and reports go to the Main Menu, select Georeference, then Resource and Energy publications and reports. Select the Search option to access the Resource and Energy Georeference Databases.
How to perform a global search
Step 1: Within the Category Searching page, enter keywords into the Search Bar and click search button
Step 2: A new Category Results page will be opened, containing a table of results per category
Step 3: Click on a Database Category most relevant to your search
Step 4: A results page will open containing all publications relevant to the keyword within that category
Step 5: Clicking each of these entries opens a page containing a summary of that publication. If a digital version is available, the document can be downloaded as a PDF.
Note: When a result has an entry within the Image Size (Kb) column, there is a downloadable file associated with it, usually as a PDF.
Requesting non-downloadable files
Not all publications have had digital copies uploaded into the database. An online document request form is available for non-downloadable publications.
Step 1: Open the Resource and Energy publications and reports page
Step 2: Search for a publication
Step 3: If no download is available, tick the box to the left of the reference to select
Step 4: Click the Show Selections button at the top of the screen beneath the SARIG banner. This will open a new window with a list of currently selected publications
Step 5: Click the "Generate Request Form".A new page will open containing the Document Request Form
Step 6: Complete request form and click the "Email Form" button to send
Note: If you require more information or assistance with requesting a document contact Customer Services on +61 8 8463 3000
A Global Search can be performed within a selection or all of the categories available. Each category is related to a different set of data.
The current categories are:
- DSD publications and reports
- All papers and reports produced by the Department can be found in this category such as MESA Journals, Brochures and Reports.
- Non-DSD publications and reports
- Publications produced by other South Australian Government agencies or published in external publications.
- PACE publications and reports
- Search the database for publications and reports on the state's Plan for Accelerating Exploration (PACE).
- DSD plans
- Plans produced by the Department are located within this category, such as stratigraphic logs or well completion plans.
- DSD photo collections
- Photographs and images sourced from Departmental and other publications are located within this category. Full resolution images can be ordered online.
- Company exploration licence reports
- Search for mining, petroleum and geothermal exploration licence reports using company name, envelope or licence number.
- Company mining programs and reports
- Search for specific PEPRS, Tenement Assessment Reports and Environmental Reports amongst other mining reports.
- Company well completion reports
- Petroleum and geothermal well complete reports are located within this category.
When performing a search there are a few basic operators and some syntax that may be used to produce a more accurate result. There are two operators usable within the search function, AND and OR
- AND(&) is used to search for publications that contain multiple keywords, link each keyword with an AND in between
- OR(,) is used to search for publications that contain any of, not necessary all, a selection of keywords, link each keyword with an OR in between
Database syntax example
- Pre 2000 reports: RB 99/00000 where (99) year published and (00000) report book number
- Post 2000 reports: RB 2000/00000 where (2000) year published and (00000) report book number
Database wildcard example
- The wildcard, denoted with a (*) next to a keyword in a search string, can be used for group searching. For instance, searching "RB 2003*" will list all reports published in the year 2003
The Advanced Search tool can be accessed from the link within the Category Searching home page. An Advanced Search hyperlink is located to the right of the search bar
Clicking on the hyperlink opens the Advanced Search page, shown below
The icon next to each field returns detailed information on that parameter in a new window when clicked. For example, clicking the icon next to the Reference(s) field will open a new window with descriptions of all legal departmental report or publication codes
Located to the right of the Locations, field is the map icon . Clicking this icon opens a new window containing a map of South Australia. A 1:250,000 scale grid is overlain on the map to display to display the location of the 250k mapsheets. Names of mapsheets may be entered into the Locations field by clicking a specific mapsheet within the map and then clicking Submit
Step 1: Open the Publications and Reports page
Step 7: Click Search when complete
For more information, contact:
Phone: +61 8 8463 4012
Level 7, 101 Grenfell Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Phone: + 61 8 8463 3000