On this page
Publications and Reports is the first option located within the Databases drop-down menu on the right hand side of the Menu Toolbox.
What is Publications and reports?
Publications and reports is an advanced search engine that queries DSD's databases for published media. The media ranges from directly scanned material to digital photographs and downloadable .pdf files.
Click on Publications and Reports to access the search engine. A new window will open, taking you to the Category Search home page which is shown below.
How to perform a global search
Step 1: Within the Category Search page, enter keywords into the Search Bar and click search button
Step 2: A new Category Results page will be opened, containing a table of results per category. Click on a Database Category most relevant to your search.
Step 3: A results page will open containing all publications relevant to the keyword within that category
Step 4: Clicking each of these entries opens a page containing a summary of that publication. If available, a download of the .pdf file will be accessible.
Requesting non-downloadable files
The Publications and Reports search allows downloads of publications where available. Not all publications have had digital copies uploaded into the database. An online document request form is available for all other non-downloadable publications:
Step 1: Open the Publications and Reports page.
Step 2: Search for a publication.
Step 3: If no download is available, check the box next to the result in the far left "Select" column. Otherwise download file.
Step 4: Click the Show Selections button at the top of the screen beneath the SARIG banner. This will open a new window with a list of currently selected publications.
Step 5: Click the "Generate Request Form".A new page will open containing the Document Request Form.
Step 6: Complete request form and click the "Email Form" button to send.
A Global Search can be performed within a selection or all of the categories available. Each category is related to a different set of data.
The current categories are:
- DSD publications and reports
- All papers and reports produced by DSD can be found in this category such as MESA Journals, Brochures and Reports.
- Non-DSD publications and reports
- Publications produced by other South Australian Government agencies.
- PACE publications and reports
- Search the Database for publications on the states Plan for Accelerating Exploration (PACE), such as round reports.
- DSD plans
- DSD produced plans are located within this category, such as stratigraphic logs or well completion plans.
- DSD photo collections
- Photographs and images sourced from DSD publications are located within this category. Full resolution images can be ordered online.
- Company exploration licence reports
- Search for mining, petroleum and geothermal exploration licence reports using company name, envelope or licence number.
- Company mining programs and reports
- Search for specific MARPS, Tenement Assessment Reports and Environmental Reports amongst other mining reports.
- Company well completion reports
- Petroleum and geothermal well complete reports are located within this category.
When performing a search there are a few basic operators and some syntax that may be used to produce a more accurate result. There are two operators useable within the search function, AND and OR.
- AND(&) is used to search for publications that contain multiple keywords, link each keyword with an AND in between
- OR(,) is used to search for publications that contain any of, not necessary all, a selection of keywords, link each keyword with an OR in between
Database syntax example
- Pre 2000 reports: RB 99/00000 where (99) year published and (00000) report book number
- Post 2000 reports: RB 2000/00000 where (2000) year published and (00000) report book number
Database wildcard example
- The wildcard, denoted with a (*) next to a keyword in a search string, can be used for group searching. For instance, searching "RB 2003*" will list all reports published in the year 2003.
The Advanced Search tool can be accessed from the link within the Category Search home page. An Advanced Search hyperlink is located to the right of the search bar.
Clicking on the hyperlink opens the Advanced search page, shown below.
The icon next to each field returns detailed information on that parameter in a new window when clicked. For example, clicking the icon next to the Reference(s) field will open a new window with descriptions of all legal DSD report or publication codes.
Located to the right of the Locations, field is the map icon . Clicking this icon opens a new window containing a map of South Australia. A 1:250,000 scale grid is overlain on the map to display to display the location of the 250k mapsheets. Names of mapsheets may be entered into the Locations field by clicking a specific mapsheet within the map and then clicking Submit.
Step 1: Open the Publications and Reports page
Step 7: Click Search when complete
For more information, contact:
Phone: +61 8 8463 4012
Level 7, 101 Grenfell Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Phone: + 61 8 8463 3000