Geoscience excellence on show
Register now for Discovery Day and SAEMC events, 7–8 December 2017.
South Australia’s vibrant geoscience community is a key contributor to the state’s desirability as an exploration and mining destination. Nowhere can you access and be part of this geoscience community better than at the major geoscience events in the South Australian calendar: the Geological Survey of South Australia (GSSA) Discovery Day and South Australian Exploration and Mining Conference (SAEMC), held over consecutive days at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
GSSA Discovery Day
The GSSA acquires and delivers precompetitive geoscience data to reduce the risks associated with mineral exploration in the state. Its 2017 Discovery Day will provide new insights into South Australia’s geology and metallogenesis gained through the various work programs of the GSSA and collaborating organisations. The day will revolve around the themes of the national geoscience initiative, UNCOVER:
- Session 1: Mineral systems: new ideas, samples and technology
- Session 2: SA commodities and characterising the cover
- Session 3: Lithospheric architecture: new views of cratonic SA
- Session 4: Distal mineral footprints.
Keynote addresses include Sandi Occhipinti (Centre for Exploration Targeting, University of Western Australia) on ‘Multiscale targeting: a mineral systems toolbox’ and Colin Card (Saskatchewan Geological Survey) on ‘Lessons from the Athabasca Basin: uranium in basement and basin’.
There are eight presentations by the GSSA including an overview and preliminary results of the Coompana drilling. Other Discovery Day presenters include Kathy Ehrig (BHP), Neville Alley and GSSA collaborative partners from the Deep Exploration Technologies Cooperative Research Centre (DET CRC), University of Adelaide, University of South Australia, Centre of Excellence in Ore Deposits (University of Tasmania) and CSIRO.
- Thursday 7 December, 8:45 am – 5:00 pm
- Hall M, Adelaide Convention Centre
- Attendance is free but registration prior to the event is required to gain entry on the day
- More information, program and registration
South Australian Exploration and Mining Conference
Heralded as Australia’s best value mining industry conference, SAEMC offers an annual, single day update on developments in the exploration and mining industry in South Australia. Now in its 14th year, SAEMC is not to be missed by anyone interested in exploring, developing and investing in the state’s mineral resources.
Four technical sessions provide updates on significant mining industry developments and new insights into emerging projects. The sessions cater for new explorers to the state or experienced explorers looking for new ideas, to junior, mature and operating miners. Question time is provided at the end of each session.
Over five hours are allocated to networking throughout the day, providing time to maximise business opportunities and engage with service providers.
- Friday 8 December, 7:30 am – 7:15 pm
- Halls L, M and N, Adelaide Convention Centre
- Registration $200 (1 Oct. to 6 Dec.); late registration $225 (after 6 Dec. and on the day); students $40
- More information and registration
– Claire Wade