Extensive databases of petroleum information held by the Energy Resources Division providing data readily available and accessible to the public.
Extensive databases of petroleum information are held by Department for Energy and Mining (DEM) Energy Resource Division and data are readily available and accessible to the public and private sector in digital format. All basic (non-interpretive) technical data obtained by a licensee in an exploration licence are required to be submitted to DEM as part of licence commitments.
Basic data comprises:
- Well completion reports
- Well logs
- Core and fluid analysis
- Production data
- Seismic acquisition and processing reports
- Processed seismic data
- Survey data
- Field and processed seismic tapes
Data are held as confidential information for a specified period of time after acquisition, then released to open file for public access. Basic data for onshore licences become open file after two years — this includes petroleum exploration licences and petroleum production licences.
Energy Resource Division have a wide range of data available, including:
- PEPS South Australia is now a new web based system containing a wide range of technical data relevant to the petroleum and geothermal industries
- Online data sets including tenement data, spatial geotechnical data and ancillary data such as topography
- Seismic data including a comprehensive digital data set of shotpoint locations and associated attribute data, section databases, an uphole database, field seismic data, survey reports and maps
- Seismic mapping products of key horizons in selected provinces
- Workstation ready segy data sets for selected provinces
- Drilling data covering well completion reports, well log database, core photos and thin sections
- Production data
- Basin-in-a-Box datasets for frontier basins containing a complete well and seismic data package for each basin in a single, downloadable zip-file
A legacy digital database is also available (PEPS-SA) which contains details of a wide variety of petroleum-related information, including all wells drilled, seismic surveys, production statistics etc.
A spatial database, SARIG, is available on the website to search, view and download selected mineral and petroleum spatial, geotechnical and related data sets (including petroleum tenements).
Contacts for accessing data
|Well data, PEPS South Australia||Alan Sansome||+ 61 8 8429 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Seismic and other geophysical data||Iain |
|+ 61 8 8429 email@example.com|
|Petroleum and geothermal licences||Shane|
|+ 61 8 8429 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Seismic mapping products||Steve|
|+ 61 8 8429 email@example.com|
|Digital maps, reports and other hard copy reference material||Resources|
|+61 8 8463 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|+61 8 8429 email@example.com|
+61 8 8463 3000